Wearing: My Ultimate Workout Leggings by Platinum Sun
March 12, 2020.
I woke up this morning and the world has changed.
- The parent teacher conference I was supposed to attend at my son’s school today was held over the phone.
- There was a line at Trader’s Joe before they even opened.
- 200 more people died in Italy.
- Broadway went dark and the NBA stopped playing.
- Disneyworld closed its doors.
As the world around me is slowly shutting off its neon lights and people are using the words “social distancing” more and more, I began to think of what to do with myself in the meantime.
Panic is a real thing. Even if you are well informed and know the figures, it’s unsettling when you don’t know what to expect. You can read here about what you can do to protect yourself against Coronavirus, but for now, let’s talk about what you can do while your social life is put on pause.
For me, the first thing that comes to mind is spending time outdoors – nature walks, hiking, fishing, picnicking and working out by the beach.
Got other great ideas?
Share them with us in the comments below or in our Facebook Group!
I’m glad to have practical and attractive gear by Platinum Sun to motivate me to get out of the house and away from the media for much-needed breaks. I’ve noticed that when I have cute activewear on I am much more excited to get my routine complete.
Before, I would use my everyday clothes for my beach-side workouts, but since I got my hands on Platinum Sun leggings I understood the importance of having the right attire. Here’s why:
- They come with UPF50+ protection so the sun can kill the viruses but not my skin.
- The material is moisture-wicking and quick drying which comes in handy at the beach.
- It is also stretchy yet the flatlock seams protect the garments against mishaps while you’re on the move.
- The cell phone pocket holds my phone perfectly. I always put my phone down and forget where I put it when I have my Airbpods on. But now it’s always on me and I’m not afraid that it will fall out.
So here I am, taking a break from the Internet, TV and mass hysteria. I stocked up on all the necessities, without overdoing it. I’ve taken my vitamins. I’m washing my hands. And I’m taking a moment to appreciate small things. The sun shining at me. The cool print on my leggings. The people in my neighborhood helping each other out and checking up on each other. And I know that as long as we can focus on the small stuff, we can conquer the bigger problems too!